Saturday 5 September 2009

Welsh Red Dragon . . .

This is a true color of the fabric.

Photo of Welsh Dragon chart in booklet from Enchanting Lair.

Here is a photo of the red Welsh dragon on the fabric.
It is an Enchanting Lair pattern Welsh Dragon 113
and the fabric is from Enchanting Lair, also.
I don't think it will be a UFO very long cause I want to get it done.

I am using Sampler threads for the dragon,
School House Red.
Buckeye Scarlet,
with (1) strand Petite Treasure Braid
by Rainbow Gallery (PB07)
for the high lights in the body and wings.
Highlights by RG (H613) for the wings.
The flames are Simply Shaker Butternut Squash
and the eye is Oatmeal.

Here is the photo with the wings started and his sparkles added.
It is sorta hard to see them. Oops this one is out of order,
but you get the idea. Someday I will get this backwards
stuff figured out but don't hold your breath.

When Tris stayed with the lady in D. C. I found
out when I visited that she was Welsh.
I wanted to stitch her a "Thank You"
for letting Tris live with her for the 11 months
while he went to school.
I got on the internet and started looking for a pattern.
I put in Welsh Dragon
and the exact ornament she had hanging
on Tris' doorknob
was just like this pattern.

This is what it looked like yesterday.

I have stitched on it for about 6 hours today

and it has all his legs, all the spaces are filled in
with sparkly stitches.

I also have half of his wings done,
the eye done

and the flames coming out of his mouth ~ done.

Oh, I forgot his tail!

I am going to stitch in
"Welsh Dragon"
from my favorite alphabet book,
at the bottom
and then I will post a picture.

My friend Dee Dee
has taken all the pictures of him
and she has done a great job.

Thanks Dee Dee!

Thank you for stopping by
as usual,
I appreciate your comments so much.

5 comments:

grannyanne said...

That is some dragon. The fabric looks much brighter in the little picture than on the sewing. The sparklies will certainly make your dragon magical. I love using variegated threads too. Look forward to seeing your progress. Happy stitching.

Justflo said...

What a fantastic dragon. The variegated thjreads look lovely although I have never actually used variegated. I must give them a go sometime. I'll be watching out fro your progress with great interest. Happy stitching.

lenna said...

Oh Flo ~
You must get some they are the greatest. Gentle Arts Sampler Threads (GAST) as they are called are probably the easiest to get. A lot of patterns call for Weeks Dye Works (WDW) but I really like Crescent Colors (CC) the best. They are softer and stitch up beautifully. First choice CC second GAST and third would be WDW but they are probably more popular. Give them a try you won't be disappointed.
I even mix all of them together.
God Bless ~
Lenna

lenna said...

Ladies ~
THANK YOU FOR COMING BY!!!!
God Bless~
Lenna

Carolyn NC said...

Great stitching and what a nice gift!