Monday 8 June 2009

Secret Garden or Mystery X


I forgot to say in my last post that I had to spend 4 hours frogging on the border because I had used the wrong colour. I don't stitch the gates in one go . I stitch two lengths of ordinary floss and then one of metallic. In this piece all the gates are stitched with metallic threads. I also do one thread border and two for the centre.I find I make reasonable progress this way. I hadn't done any of this for over a year and I had forgotten that to save money I had blended two DMC threads together. I hadn't made a note of which threads I had used together which was a bit silly, fortunately I had kept the colours together in a floss away bag so all was not lost. I know that I will not have much opportunity for sewing this after tomorrow because of other commitments so I have tried to do quite a bit yesterday and today. I have rolled the fabric up so that I can work across in one go. The blurry stuff at the top and bottom is bubble wrap which I use to protect the beads which I add as I sew. The crystals I leave to the end. Best wishes to all of you UFOers out there.

4 comments:

Susan said...

I guess when the frogs left my house they went to yours! So sorry that you had to spend so much time "reverse stitching." I'll keep my fingers crossed that this piece will go quickly and smoothly from now on.

Justflo said...

I know what it feels like to be frogging for ages. It's been this blogg that has helped me to forget the frogs and look forward to the finished piece. I'm sure that you'll sort your threads out and away the frogs will go to revel the handsome prince. OOps! I think I've lost the plot. I'll watch out for your next pic. Happy stitching

Jen said...

If I know it's wrong it has to come out. Fortunatley the frogs have left my house recently, except for the real ones that is. If you want to see a nice frog pop over to http://stitchintimesfive.blogspot.com/2009/06/bag-o-colors.html Look forward ti your next pic. what are you taking on holiday?

Loretta said...

Sorry to hear of your frogging ordeal!!!!!!!! Hope it's gone for good now!!!!!!!!!! Love the piece!!!