Monday 6 July 2009

Stumbled at Fence(but still in the race)


At last an update on my TW Carousel Horse. I've been backstitching for what seems like an age . The chart is so hard to read I've had to do it by using a magnifying glass on the picture (and guesswork). There has been some frogging as usual but I'm becoming quite an expert at that now. As you can see I've started part of the border. I decided that I'd do some border, some backstitching and some horse-I've got my own rota going with it. I'm not sure that progress is as obvious but as it all has to be done I may as well do it like that. I've enjoyed watching all the progress reports on other UFOs and must congratulate you all. Happy stitching to everyone.

6 comments:

grannyanne said...

This is really coming on now. The colours are lovely. Looking forward to seeing your next post.

Loretta said...

That will be so pretty when it is finished.

Carolyn NC said...

It's looking good!

Karen said...

Great job on your progress.

Jen said...

Good plan to start the border, at least it gives you a change. You also know where the edge is so it doesn't feel that you have to stich the whole area of the fabric, if that makes sense.

Susan said...

I often do a "rotation" within a piece I'm stitching--usually three needles full on something repetitive like the border and then one or two on the rest of the piece. Really breaks it up and makes me feel as if I'm making more progress.