Sunday 7 March 2010

An unexpected find and finish!

Whilst rooting about in the stash room today I came across another UFO! And I thought that Michael Powell's Tuscan Gardens II was the last one!

When I found this only some of the head had been done. Stitched one over one this ginger cat was a cover kit with Cross Stitch Collection in Jan/Feb 1996. I still have the magazine and all the bits. Here it is.


It actually makes the insert to a keyring, which I also had.



If only all UFOs could be finished in a couple of hours! By the way, I don't think I started stitching this in 1996 but who knows. It's now back to stitching Tuscan Gardens. Heaven only knows what other forgotten UFOs are lurking in the stash room. Maybe I should not go in there for a bit!

7 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

How cute! Wish all my UFO's could be finished that quickly, too!

Sea said...

I have a couple of cover kits from magazines that are unfinished, I haven't thought about those. :D, they become my, bung in my handbag projects if I'm going somewhere I expect a lengthy wait. ;)

Justflo said...

I think I have this one unfinished too. Problem I can't find the chart or magazine OOOps.

grannyanne said...

Glad you found him and finished him. I have seversl cover kits but I am never very sure whether I saved the magazine!

Dancing With Pussycats said...

This is so cute! And a very nice finish. Have you named this charming feline?

LisaG said...

Very cute finish. I do love a good moggy :-)

Sherry :o) said...

I am making my way to checking out those who recently started to follow my new blog - very nice blog! I have so many wonderful blogs out there to inspire me! I do have to laugh - isn't it funny some of us have some very antique UFO's - that makes them more valuable, doesn't it - "antique"?