Monday, 30 November 2009

Peacock Tapestry

I have made some progress on this because I am waiting for some linen band to arrive so thought best get on with the TW. I have worked on the leaves, which I am finding difficult, the border and the tail which I espected to be a nightmare but in fact it has not been too bad. I know some areas look as though they have measles but this has been to try to use up the blend in my needle. The backstitching would be very difficult but years ago I had some help from Emily. So Emily if by any chance you read this blog many, many thanks. I have now to work out how to wind the fabric down. It seems silly but I have several different frames and it is so long since I used this one, which is excellent, that it will be trial and error to sort it out.


Justflo said...

Good to see your Peacock having a breath of fresh air. I'm glad that you're getting into it again.
I'm sure it'll be beautiful when it's finished.

Happy stitching to you.

Measi said...

It's such a stunning piece - even though it's so incredibly intimidating to me. Beautiful work so far!

Carolyn NC said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous - love this!

Jen said...

Looking forward to seeing your progress on this one.