Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Henru VIII and all that

I finished this a couple of weeks ago but forgot to ask my husband to take a photograph. It has now been framed and has turned out better than I thought it would. I didn't use the horrible beads which came with the kit but used some from my own stash. Anybody who is going to do this project should look hard at the suggested colours for the skintones. I used these but don't like them and wish I had changed them before I had got too far with the project. Next UF for me is the dreadedPeacock Tapestry. I will post again when it has been brought out of hiding and photographed!!!!


Justflo said...

You may not be too keen on old Henry but with all your alterations he's looking fine. The extra beads and threads variations have done the trick.. Now to your next project---- can't wait to see 'The Peacock'.

CindyMae said...

That is a fantastic piece! IT looks amazing framed. Wonderful work!

Mel said...

And more finishes to add to the list on here. That is awesome. :)

Karen said...

Great finish....that is quite an accomplishment. I love PT so I can't wait to see your progress on that one.

Jen said...

It looks really good. The frame sets it off nicely. I think this was your third UFO finish. Well done!

Carolyn NC said...

Woohoo - awesome finish - looks fantastic!

lenna said...

Great finish you should be so proud.
I don't know why they pick some of the skin tones they do nobody hopefully, has those colors. It's like they make the shadow too dark on some of the mermaids I always change the colors to match my flesh tones.
Has worked out so far and I just go pick them out at the store where I can look at all the colors.
I really like your finish. I do like that pattern.
God Bless your stitching fingers and good luck with the Peacock Tap.