Tuesday 12 May 2009

Hello, my name is Ann...


...and I have a UFO. This is Quaker a Six Mains, which was a freebie from Gigi R. and Carrine several years ago. I've had it sitting around for at least a year, maybe a year and a half. Earlier this year I tried to get into a routine of working on it, I think that lasted for maybe a week or two!

I'm stitching it on linen that I love, using the DMC linen floss. I suspect that the linen floss is the reason that this has become a UFO! I love the look of the linen floss, but it's a bit of a bear to work with.

I'll be stitching on this for at least 1 hour every Tuesday until it is finished. As you can see from the photo, I've got a long way to go!

And this isn't my oldest WIP, I'm ashamed to say. I have a needlepoint WIP that is...drumroll, please...38 years old. Maybe after I finish this one I'll drag out the needlepoint and get it finished.

6 comments:

Justflo said...

Hello there. Join the rest of us with the long lost UFO. Just think we'll all have extra room when then are finished. I'll watch out for further posts of your sampler with interest. Happy stitching.

Shelleen said...

can't wait to see more.

Carolyn NC said...

Hey - we all have these old UFO's! Sampler will be nice.

Mel said...

This looks like a very cute sampler! Glad to hear that you are pulling it back out.

Dancing With Pussycats said...

Welcome, Ann. This is lovely. I love the colors on the linen and look forward to seeing more. WOW! A UFO that's over 30 years old! You've got me beat. (I have a number of them over ten but won't admit to older...)

Jen said...

Hi Ann. Thanks for sharing your UFO with us. I'm sure you'll get lots of support here. Do you have a picture of what this project should look like when finished? Was almost tempted to buy linen floss but it looked a bit on the rough side to me, is that the case?
Looking forward to seeing your progress.