Thursday, 26 January 2012

Hi all!  I'm back working on one of my oldest UFOs, now an active WiP! I started this in 2001 for my DSIL down under in New Zealand. She bought the pattern and asked me to stitch it. I should say that this was a very large project for me at the time (pre-TW and pre-Chatelaine). I got it out early this month, and within a week I had finished the South Island!  After years of "training" on other BAPs, now it seems much easier!  All I had done in 2001 was the outline shown...(sorry about the picture quality-older camera!)
And here is my first week's progress.....
I have been working on the North Island and just have to finish the coat of arms (which is off shore to the west) and it will be done.  I'm going to make it into a door banner because DSIL is coming for a visit this spring and that way it will be easier for her to take it home.  Hope to have more pictures soon!

6 comments:

Shebafudge said...

That's looking great! Congrats on making such good progress.

Ivana said...

Beautiful and challenging work!

Ziggyeor said...

OH wow great work! I want to find a good map pattern to do. I think it would be fun. Next year though :)

Cristina said...

Your map looks gorgeous!
It is nice seeing someone else in our cyber stitching world doing a map: I'm recreating a map of England!

Looking forward to see the progress.

Mangogirl said...

wonderful stitching :D I want to make a map someday of australia... one day!

grannyanne said...

Great stitching and fantastic progress.