Wednesday 13 October 2010

The Beginning of the End ...

Hi! My blogging name is Spanish Princess and I am a chronic starter! When it come to craft projects that is ... cross stitch, sewing, quilting or scrapbooking ... I am totally out of control. They are my kryptonite ... the Mr. Hyde to my Dr. Jekyl. I see something that catches my eye and it consumes me until I start it. I am axious to see it through, imagining how and where it will be desplayed, but then some other "shiny object" catches my attention and I am like a kitten with a ball of yarn.

I have decided that I need to consolidate all my "starts" and turn them into "finishes". So I decided to head here and join other "starters" hoping for a little encouragement and inspiration along my journey.

My current piece is not so much a WIP in the sense that its been sitting tucked away for a while. I actually started in March, just after I had my first baby. It is his Christmas stocking, but trying to stitch on 28-ct over 2 while tending to a newborn on minimal amounts of sleep did not end as triumphant as I'd hoped. When I moved from page 1 to page two of the pattern I indavertently moved over more than 12 stitches and didn't realize it for another month. Discouraged I set it down, for a few months, but in August realized I need to get started if I wanted our "Lil Monkey" to have it for his first Christmas ... and be imortalized in photos for years to come.

So determined I picked up my needle (and other supplies) and started all over and have made progress in the past 6 weeks. The stocking I chose was Opening His Pack by Nancy Rossin, from the book, The Stockings Were Hung.

This is the stocking as of Sunday morning ...



If you'd like to see the previous weeks' progress or are curious about the final product, feel free to visit my crafting and collecting blog, The Teacup Collector's Cottage. Come join me for a cup of tea ... or whatever you're guilty pleasure is.

Happy stitching,

6 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

It's coming along well, I have just picked up a WIP, to do some more on, I won't get it finished this time, but will make a good attack at it. I still have loads of Christmas stitching to do.
Just think on Christmas morning once it is in use how proud you will be.

grannyanne said...

Welcome to this blog which really helps you get things finished. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Justflo said...

This looks very interesting. I have finished two big pieces with the help of this blog. I'll enjoy watching it grow,

Good luck.


wizzybuff

Bekca said...

This blog will definitely help turn those starts into finishes! I like the design so far and can't wait to see more of it. Happy stitching.

The Teacup Cottage said...

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I am really excited and inspired by other finishes on here!

Jen said...

Welcome to the blog. I'm sure you'll get lots of encouragement here!